Sunday 11 April 2010

Mitchell Talks Irish Open

Read Blog...

In an exclusive blog entry with Black Belt Poker, James Mitchell takes us through his recent Irish Open win in which he bested a record-equalling 708 field to take home the coveted title and €600,000 first prize.

As always, James’ dry sense of humour is in top form as he jokes about the price of drinks in Dublin, going out drinking the night before the final, and what the Irish consider to be the height of fashion, commenting:

“Seeing as I was playing for six figure sums I told the cab driver to take me to the best high end designer clothes shop in the city. He said, ‘say no more.’ What I have learnt from this is Debenhams is regarded in much higher stead in Ireland.”

Incredibly, James almost missed this year’s event, his lack of organisation resulting in a last minute buy-in. Of course, the hotel was full, but a former Grader made the save:

“…the night before the tournament, my friend Sida Yuen sent me a text saying he didn't realise his room was a twin and I could crash there if needed. When I woke up on Friday morning with a mild hangover from Dan Furnival's engagement party I thought why not and booked a flight.”

James Mitchell is a 20-year old poker pro from London who not only participated in last Summer’s Grading, but also became only the second player on Black Belt Poker to work their way through the ranks to Brown Belt. If you would like to hear more from the 2010 Irish Open Champion, then be sure to check out the rest of his blog now.

Blog Entry - My Irish Open
News Items - James and the Giant Cheque

Photos of James in 2010 Irish Open

No comments:

Post a Comment